7.10.2012

Goodwill....It is what is amazing...






I can't help it but I will always want to save money. If we won the lottery, I still think I would want to save money. I am frugal a lot of the times and sometimes I am not. I am thankful, though, that my mom instilled this into me. I needed some new work clothes, mainly some dresses and nice work pants. I woke up this morning and decided that I instead of going to the mall and buying some work clothes, I would check out my favorite goodwill store. I hit the jackpot. I know you can't tell from these pictures but the clothes are actually cute on. These pictures don't really show how cute they are. Paige and I ended up spending $200 and got enough clothes to last us for a long time. I bought five pairs of work pants (Banana Republic, Ann Taylor, Gap, etc) that look new and would cost at least $50 in the store each. I bought five dresses that are cute. A few I am posting are for going out to dinner and not for work. I got one BEAUTIFUL Ann Taylor Dress that looks new that I need to get hemmed. I also got a pair of cute blue jeans. Paige scored several cute things for school (jeans, shirts, etc). I was very proud of myself for the savings. I took the kids to the movies after we went shopping. It was at the Memorial City Mall so I let the kids get lunch in the food court. The lady at the Sabarro's pizza couldn't believe that I just ordered two slices of pizza for Paige and Will. I asked for water for them. She said we only have bottled water. I said "What?" I want the free water. She was aggravated and turned around to point at the faucet. She said "or this." I said "that is exactly what I want." Why would I buy bottled water when we live in a DEVELOPED country???? REALLY!!!! When we went to the movies, I told the kids, "I will let you have one small popcorn and coke to share." We got up to the counter and the guy told me my total for the small popcorn and coke would be $9.75. I was in shock. How can a TINY coke and TINY popcorn cost almost $10.00!!! The kid was just laughing at how shocked I was. I looked at him and said "I really should have just snuck in a candy and a coke in my purse." He looked at me and said "yep, you should have. There is a Target right around the corner." At least he is living in reality understands how crazy that is. I guess my savings at Goodwill on my clothes were leveled by my ripoff at the movies. Life is good. *** the sunglasses were Paige's four dollar jackpot find....

After the movie, I picked up Sophia and Isabella and took them to swimming lessons. They were so cute. The swimming place is amazing. Sophia looked like a little runt. She didn't look old enough to be in Isabella's class with the other two big girls but she did great. At one point she went under water and got so mad at the teacher. I think she tried to hit him. LOL. Sophia is a little firecracker. She is tiny but has a huge personality. The teacher is a HUGE African-American college age kid. He was SUPER sweet and really good. It was funny seeing him try to teach these little white girls. Super cute and sweet. The kids did very well. Isabella was the best out of the four little girls. She is soooo sweet. A few years ago, Brad's father saved Isabella's life when she fell in our pool. It was one of scariest moments of my life. God is so good and so is Tim for saving her life. Our lives would have been ruined if Isabella had drowned. I asked Isabella today "did you tell your swim teacher that you almost drowned?" She said "no, I didn't want him to get mad at me." She is such a sweetheart.

God is so good. I will not go into the negative drama that contiguously surrounds our life. Sometimes I just don't understand how some people can be the way they are. Brad and I just continue to pray because we HAVE to put it in God's hands. We HAVE to. When I was going through my work problems, I decided that I just had to give it to God. I said "God, I am giving this to you. If you want me to be back at my school next year, I know you have a good reason for it. I am just putting it in your hands because I know you will take care of me. " I did just that. If any of you know me, you know that I am a complete "A" type personality. It is VERY hard for me to let things go out of my control. I trusted that God would take care of me, no matter what. He has ALWAYS taken care of me and blessed me, even when things were horrible in my life. I started this summer and continued to say that I was giving it to God. One night, I felt a weird feeling telling me to email the principals at the high schools in Cy-Fair. I know that was God. I did that and a week later, I had a job interview and then a job offer. I have to do the same thing with the things that Brad and I have to deal with. The most wonderful thing about God is that he SEES everything! He knows everything that is going on. When you are good, he is very happy. When you are not good, he teaches you lessons in different ways. It makes me feel at peace to know that he sees everything and knows the truth about everything. I am just going to put everything in his hands. This doesn't mean that I am going to sit back and let others do whatever they want. It just means that I am going to try and be the best Christian that I can be. When we die, that is all that matters.

No comments: