7.05.2012

Happy Birthday America!




Happy Birthday America!

The Fourth of July proved to be a fun day. The morning started with me decorating a 4th of July cake and making appetizers for a bbq that Corrin was having at her house. I decided to do a recipe from pintrest (jalapeno poppers). You take a jalapeno, stuff it with creme cheese, add bacon, and then wrap it in a crescent role. They turned out amazing and I will definitely do this appetizer again. There was a slight problem, though. I am not very smart sometimes and I did not wear gloves when cutting the jalapenos. Needless to say, my hands were burning. I decided to just deal with it and move on. Brad, the kids, and I decided to go running before the BBQ. I decided to wear my camel back. It is a device you wear on your back, fill with water, and drink as you run. As I was running, I started to take some of the water from my camel back and splash on my face. Around mile two, I realized the huge mistake that I had made. Not only were my hands burning from the peppers, my face was now burning. I had to flag Brad down and beg him to bring me home immediately. Poor Paige was in the back of the car googling "how to stop the burning of jalapenos." She read lots of remedies "yogurt, milk, citrus fruits, vinegar, etc). As soon as I got home, I ran and spread yogurt all over my face. I found sour creme in the fridge and spread that too. The pain was still there. I took baking soda, vinegar, and hydrogen peroxide. Ultimately it was only time that made my burn go away. This was a huge lesson. HUGE! We then went to Corrin's for a bbq. Lance and Tara came over and brought the best ribs EVER! My parents later drove in. We came home and watched fireworks from our apartment balcony.

No comments: