7.10.2012

Tuna Tartare! YUMMMMY!!!


One of my favorite dishes is Tuna Tartare. I have no idea why I am love it so much but my favorite is found at Perry's. I made the Food Network's the Barfoot Contessa's version and it was super easy and really good. If you decide to make it, I would recommend you only put about half a cup of olive oil instead of the cup and a half. I also didn't add the jalapenos and it was still wonderful!!!!! I bought won tons from the store. I put them on a baking dish, spread olive oil on them, and baked them at 400 degrees for about twelve minutes (or until they are dark). You use these to dip your tuna tartare. If you have sesame seeds, spread them on the won tons before you bake them. I used two large avocados and that was plenty.

Directions: Take these ingredients and add them together.
Ingredients
3 3/4 pounds very fresh tuna steak
1 1/4 cups olive oil
5 limes, zest grated
1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
2 1/2 teaspoons wasabi powder
2 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons hot red pepper sauce
2 1/2 tablespoons kosher sal
t1 1/2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
1 1/4 cups minced scallions, white and green parts (12 scallions)
3 1/4 tablespoons minced fresh jalapeno pepper, seeds removed
5 ripe Hass avocados

No comments: